Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The One with the Cheetos

I picked up the little lady at daycare today, only to learn that she has tried a new food.

Teacher: She just tried some of Davi's Cheetos, and she likes them a lot.

Me: Cheetos?!?

You see, the little lady is the healthiest eater I know. I will not deny her junk food, but for now I will--at least until she gets that first taste of cake on her birthday. I never envisioned Cheetos though.

Teacher: Yes, Cheetos.

Me: Cheetos?

Teacher: Yes, you know. Cheetos.

Me: (in my head) Who is bringing Cheetos to the daycare?

At this point, I'm looking for the orange dust to be all over her fingers and dress.

Me: Cheetos. The little orange crunchy things?

Teacher: Cheetos. You know, round circles.

Me: Ohhhhhhhh, Cheerios.

Teacher: Yes, Cheetos.

3 comments:

Sassy Molassy said...

Oh man! I picked Calvin up from daycare once when he was one and he was all orange. He had in fact been eating Cheetos, not brought by a child, but provided by the daycare. I flipped out! He was still my first and only baby then, and Cheetos to me epitomize the absolute worst of junk food. "Calvin can NOT have Cheetos!" I told them emphatically. Then a couple weeks later, he was all orange again when I picked him up. Siiigh...

Shannon said...

i'd be kicking me some daycare butt.

Stephanie said...

My mom is the orange dust pusher round here. She has actually sent home a bag of Cheetos in my kid's suitcase before. No wonder I have horrible eating habits.