Monday, April 7, 2008

The One at Winn Dixie

As I approached my car today in the Winn Dixie parking lot, an employee was out collecting carts. By the time he got to me, he had quite a few. He waited patiently while I unloaded my bags and my baby, making small talk--if you want to call it that. He went on his way with his long line of carts, and I started buckling the little lady in. Then I hear, "Excuse me, miss!" He was coming back towards the car sans carts, but I could tell I hadn't forgotten anything. "Can I ask you something?"

"Okay," I said, nervously.

"Would you say that I'm too handsome? Or just handsome enough?"

"Um. I would say that you're just handsome enough."

"Okay, thanks!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Does David work at the Winn Dixie?

Sassy Molassy said...

That story can NOT be true! How old was this guy?

Mrs. Katherine said...

That story IS true! As it was happening, I was thinking, "I'm living a blog post right this moment."