Immediately, I run through this list in my head:
* Am I pregnant with a hairy baby?
* Do I have an ulcer?
* Is something wrong with my heart?
* Is something wrong with my intestines?
Then it came to me...it's the Shiraz! I had a glass of Shiraz (or two) on Saturday night and then again last night. Well, mystery solved. Hello heartburn/indigestion!
Since I don't have to worry about that anymore, I'm glad I have this to worry about: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24054672/. For those of you that don't want to venture over to that site, I'll paraphrase. Plastic bottles and containers are dangerous to our health. I'm just so happy that I saw this report because I was running out of things to worry about. It says not to reuse your water bottles...ooops! It says anything with a 3, 6, or 7 in a triangle on the bottom is "bad" plastic, and you should throw it out. That reusable water bottle I bought a few months back so that I could stop using and reusing so many plastic bottles? A 7. Gladware and Ziploc containers? 5's--they're safe. Big water jugs at work? 7. The new sippy cups with straws that I bought at Target? No number, they're going back. The new sippy cup I bought at Whole Foods for ELEVEN dollars? Well, of course it's safe! I guess that I'll just spend approximately $40 on the little lady's drinkware; she's worth it. As for me and my feeble attempts to do my part for the environment by buying reusable plastic bottles, well I'll just have to stop drinking water away from home. I hope that they never do a segment on the dangers of Diet Coke cans!
And speaking of me trying to help the environment. Yesterday, at work we ran out of paper towels. I wondered if it had anything to do with the fact that every time I throw something away, I use a paper towel to open and close the lid of the garbage can so that I won't have to touch it with my bare hands. You see, the germophobe in me always triumphs over the environmentalist. There's really nothing I can do about it; it's between them.

5 comments:
Would you like for me to tell you about aspartame (in Diet Coke) so that you can worry about that?
No, I am familiar with it although I choose to block the thought of it out. But why do you think I have a 1 Diet Coke/day rule?
You need a garbage can that opens with a foot pedal! Although, we have one and I usually open the lid with my *gas!* bare hand anyway for some reason.
Oh, and I have a reusable water bottle I keep at work that is a 5, so you should get one of those! It's Rubbermaid.
The garbage can does have a foot pedal, but it's broken. At home, I probably wouldn't mind using my bare hand. At work, however, I try to avoid touching anything in that kitchen.
Post a Comment