Sunday, March 30, 2008

The One with the Hero

My husband has talked about Guitar Hero for months. Any store that had it on display, he would have to stop and play it. In fact, I believe he specifically went into these stores most of the time just for that reason. Finally, he bought it.

I know he wants me to be as excited about it as he is, but I can't. This contraption does nothing for me but emphasizes the facts that I have no rhythm, I'm tone deaf, I have no hand-eye coordination, and that I don't like to stand up for more than 3 minutes at a time. I am the absolute worst Guitar Hero player ever! I have only seen one person do as poorly as me, and it was her first time. I won't name any names because she still insists that she did a good job even though the writing on the screen at the end of the game was clear. She went on a 1 note streak.

Friday night we had some people over for Lasagna & Guitar Hero Night. This time, I really was able to enjoy myself. I guess it had something to do with the fact that there were a couple of other people playing as poorly as me. Five out of 6 of us repeatedly were booed off stage. Of course, after a couple of rounds only 1 out of 6 was being booed off. I will leave it to you to figure out who that was. I didn't let that get me down though. If nothing else, I looked cool wearing the guitar, and it gave me the opportunity to dedicate a song to one of my biggest fans. "Cult of Personality" was especially for you, RJA...at least the part I was able to play before being kicked off stage.


No comments: