My latest and greatest dilemma is the daycare situation. At the end of June, the church that ran the daycare that kept my little lady announced that it no longer had the operating budget for the school and that they would be closing the next week. For some reason, this did not bother me at all. My first thought was, "Maybe I'll be able so stop working!" This was probably not the most practical way of thinking, but I was leaving for a vacation the next week. I certainly didn't have the time to worry about this now.
Two of the teachers offered to watch the little lady until I found something. This was supposed to just be temporary as they charge $10/hour.
Well, here I am a month later with no daycare. I have one picked out. I have all of the paperwork filled out for it. I am just having a hard time committing to it.
I have been to every daycare, learning center, preschool, or whatever you want to call it in this county, and I am just not satisfied. Today I popped into one during snacktime, and the one and two year olds were having watermelon and chocolate cake for a snack. I admit, this sounds delicious, but not exactly what I had in mind. I went to one the other day, and every child there was in their diaper. The girl working said it was because their clothes get dirty when they play outside so they just undress them. I'm no dummy. I know the real reason is because they don't run the air conditioner, and it was stifling in there.
I know the one that I have picked out will be just fine, but the thought of dropping my baby off with people she doesn't know hurts my heart. I am holding out, hoping that the two teachers that are watching her in the meantime will both start working at this place. One of them has already been hired but won't start for a few more weeks.
In the meantime, I am trying to talk the other one into not working full time but rather just keeping the little lady at her house for significantly less money. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment