Thursday, March 19, 2009

The One where I clean house.

We live in a tiny house—a tiny house with a GIANT mortgage. That is not what this post is about though, as I am sure you’re all tired of hearing about other peoples’ mortgages.

This post will be the first in what could very well become many musings about our tiny house and how we make it work. For example, you may remember a post a while back about our laundry “room” organization project. Apparently, it was surprising to some of you to see a printer above the dryer. Well, in a tiny house your home office can’t always fit the printer; especially if said home office consists of a Crate and Barrel leaning desk on the back wall in your kitchen. Luckily, the kitchen also holds the tiny house’s laundry “room” so we don’t have to go far to find our printer.

Today, I will tell you something positive about the tiny house. I can clean it super fast! Seriously, while the Little Lady takes her nap, I can clean the kitchen, dust the living room, sweep and mop them both and clean the downstairs bathroom. Additionally, I can do at least one load of laundry while doing it all, but that can be attributed to my multi-tasking awesomeness more than the tininess of my house. I am able to plug my vacuum cleaner into the socket in my upstairs bathroom and vacuum the entire top half of my house without stopping to unplug and replug. What a timesaver!

I just don’t know if I would accomplish so much with more square footage to cover.

No comments: