Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The One with the purplish, pinkish, bluish pumpkin.

Remember the other day when I mentioned my getting around to carving that pumpkin sitting on my kitchen floor? Well, I managed to talk myself out of carving it. First of all, Halloween is less than a week away. Why work so hard carving a pumpkin that you can't even enjoy for a full week? Secondly, I might lose sleep. Do you know how many times I will have to go outside each night to make sure the candle is out? And finally, the little lady isn't old enough to carve, and I wanted her to have some fun too. So we painted it.

Here she is with her pumpkin:














And here she is putting her foot directly onto the paint:














Now she is trying to wipe her foot clean:














Just putting on the final touches:














And finally, admiring her work:














After she went to bed, I added my own touch. I didn't think she would mind though, as I know how much she loves to point out eyes, noses and mouths. See, here she is the next day doing just that:

2 comments:

Elizabeth Alley said...

Y'all are both so cute!

Chip said...

I TOTALLY did the same thing this year-- bailed on the arduous task of carving the pumpkin. The kids drew all over it with paint pens and didn't care about my copout at all. Go figure.