But just in case you, Lisa Marie Presley, are reading this, I feel that I need to go on record as saying that I named my daughter Harper approximately 16 1/2 months before you did. And for those of you who are sitting at home, reading your entertainment websites and magazines, fretting over what to name those little ladies in your bellies...back off! I can almost hear it happening in homes across America, "Harper? What a great name!" It is a great name, so please people, I beg you to use it sparingly. And if you don't, at least now it's on record in this world-renowned blog of mine that I named my little lady "Harper" before it was in the top 10 names for the year 2010. (I figure it might take some time to catch on; that's why it probably won't make the list until 2010.)
Ever the optimist, here is what I see as the bright side: my daughter has the same name as Elvis' granddaughter! How appropriate is that?!?!


3 comments:
Is Lisa Marie copying you like a Mockingbird?
Officially on record as (middle-)naming my daughter Harper not only before anyone in the Presley dynasty, but two years before Capote came out.
I've been hearing Miss M's name so often in public lately that I checked the SSA baby name site to make sure it hadn't sky-rocketed in popularity, but it's still safely in the 300s.
p.s. Harper has jumped 400 spots in the last 4 years, when it first broke the Top 1000.
http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/babyname.cgi
Post a Comment