Sunday, November 2, 2008

The One with the vote.

I decided to vote early in order to make my life on Tuesday easier. I didn't really take into account what this would do to my life on Sunday.

I stood in line for 5 hours. FIVE HOURS!

In that 5 hours, Cynthia Nixon (Miranda from "Sex & the City") made an appearance to thank me for coming out to vote, I took water and candy from strangers, I made 3 new friends, I ate M&Ms, I texted and/or called all of you, I read only 1/2 a chapter in my book.

When it was finally my turn to vote, my feet and knees were quite achy. I had to use the restroom. I was starving. I was a little sad that I didn't give the little lady a bigger hug when I left the house. And I was just flat out exhausted. I'm not even sure who I voted for.

After standing in line for 5 hours to do my part, my civic duty, I walked out to my car to find that someone had busted my driver's side mirror off my car. I guess I'll go get that fixed on Tuesday, November 4th since I don't have anything else to do on that day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cynthia Nixon broke your mirror? What's her problem?

Sassy Molassy said...

Oh man! That sucks.
(I read half of Charms for the easy Life, by Kaye Gibbons, during the two hours I waited to vote. Finished it today.)

Stephanie said...

That sucks! I stood in line for a half hour with my husband at lunchtime on Wednesday. It was as close to a date as you can get after having two kids.