I haven't been to Rodrigo in about 2 years, and I had a feeling he'd moved on; but I didn't let that deter me. I found him. He's at a new fancy salon in a different county, and they don't offer half-price haircuts; but he's worth it not only for the best haircuts I've ever had, but for all of the talking he does:
- Rodrigo's daughter gets lazy about washing her hair so he threatened to cut it all off. And last Sunday, he did. 8 inches.
- Rodrigo met his girlfriend on Facebook.
- Rodrigo told me that in India, they believe that a baby's first hair is weak so they shave their heads so that new, stronger hair will grow back.
- Rodrigo got hungry in the middle of my haircut so he stopped to have (and gave me one too!) a piece of Brazilian cheese bread. MMMMMM!
- Rodrigo likes his new salon because the clientele there know how to tip.
- Rodrigo told me that he'd cut my hair short, but first I have to get a Brazilian hair relaxer. (The funny thing is he asked if I'd ever heard of it. I thought for a minute, and then got really excited, "I have heard of it! I heard about it just yesterday!" He continued to talk about it while I tried to remember where I'd heard of it. Duh! I was on hold with the salon making this appointment, and it was on the recording.)
- Rodrigo's boss hired him based solely on the way he blew her hair out.
- Rodrigo has a slight accent--not too heavy, but I do have a hard time understanding him sometimes. So, after just about everything he says, I smile really big and say, "Huh?"
Yay for Rodrigo!
[New haircut, cute baby.]

1 comment:
beautiful baby, beautiful haircut, beautiful smile!
Post a Comment