As I've mentioned here and there, we live in a tiny house. Although the tiny house tends to be a sore subject around here, it definitely has its pros. What it lacks in square footage, it makes up for in that it can be cleaned very quickly. And I'm not talking about a mere straightening up; I'm talking about dusting, mopping, scrubbing--the works. We have learned not to keep so much stuff, really any stuff. We don't buy it, collect it or hoard it simply because we have nowhere to keep it.
Recently, I found another use for the tiny house: to put the Little Lady's head to rest.
Lately, she's been waking up in the middle of the night screaming. I know, I know. Bless her heart, right? Wrong. I've heard this child scream in terror because she's having nightmares, and this is not it. This is more of a slight whimper that turns into fake sobbing that eventually evolves into full-blown screams until somebody gives her the middle of the night attention she's after. It has led us to having to keep the bathroom light on all night. I know this isn't very energy-efficient but neither am I after a night of being kept awake by a 4-year-old pretending to cry.
We came to this solution because in my prodding to find out why she was giving this performance every night, she decided that she was scared. This is how the tiny house became an advantage.
She said she "might be" scared of bad guys. I told her she had nothing to worry about because our house is so tiny, bad guys simply cannot fit in it. In true Little Lady fashion, she tried to argue with me about the size of bad guys and their ability to fit into our house. But I was able to overcome these obstacles and assure her that there was no space left for even the smallest of bad guys.
Another point for the tiny house!
That point, however, is negated because as you can imagine, keeping a bathroom light on all night in a tiny house illuminates the entire second floor.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment