Sunday, June 19, 2011

The One with the Alter Ego

The Little Lady has an alter ego that comes out after dinner--the Zigzag Super Hero.  A few months ago when Zigzag Super Hero first appeared, she was so helpful.  Loud, but helpful.  She would fly into the kitchen announcing that she was the Zigzag Super Hero, wondering if anyone needed her help.  It was awesome because I always got her to clear the table and clean up the living room. 

Zigzag Super Hero disappeared for a few months but has resurfaced within the last few weeks with a whole new disposition that is whole lot less helpful.  Last week, she flew into the kitchen as I was cleaning the dinner dishes asking if anyone needed help.  I told her that the Little Lady needed help picking up all of the toys.  To this, she quickly replied that if the Little Lady played with her toys, then the Little Lady needs to pick up after herself but that the Little Lady was unable to do that at the moment because she was asleep.  It seems that I had been outsmarted.

And now, the Zigzag Super Hero is just plain mean--throwing pretend milk "in your baby's face," putting sugar all over your skirt and "it won't be pretty," and carrying a "mean hawk" around in the crook of her outstretched arm.  Zigzag Super Hero is still loud, but now she speaks with a furrowed brow. 

I'm not sure what the Zigzag Super Hero is cooking up on that "evil computer" of hers, but I have a feeling it definitely won't be pretty.

No comments: