Three weeks ago I was thrown into the statistical pool of unemployment. While I had a plan for the next 5 months worth of paychecks, I can honestly say that is the only thing I miss about that job. For those of you who didn’t have the pleasure of listening to my list of daily work-related complaints, just take my word for it.
So here I am—unemployed and 4 ½ months pregnant. What’s a girl to do? I was very optimistic about finding something temporary as I live in a very economically seasonal part of the country…and ‘tis the season!
I started with events as there are so many major events down here between now and next spring. I have experience in event planning and would be more than enthusiastic to assist. Those resumes were the first to be sent, and I still hope my phone will start ringing soon. Of course, I know better than to put all of my eggs in one basket so I continue to search and send out resumes. While there are a lot of part-time and/or temporary jobs out there, many of them require some form of heavy lifting. Pregnant ladies aren’t supposed to be lifting anything except for toddlers. I’m just going to keep looking, remain optimistic, and drop blatant hints via Facebook status messages that I need a job. (I am expecting the comments section down there to fill up with job offers now that you all know!)
You are probably wondering why I haven’t been doing more posting since I have so much free time thrust upon me. The truth is that I’ve been quite busy doing some very uninteresting things, but I’ll let you be the judge.
· I’ve called mine and the Little Lady’s doctors about 5 times checking on the regular flu vaccine.
· I got new tires.
· I planted some yellow flowers.
· I make my bed every morning, and the laundry is always done.
· I grocery shop during the day, during the week.
I have to admit, as drab as it may sound to you, I am loving that I have the time to do these things on my own schedule as opposed to on the weekends. I love household management. My biggest dilemma so far has been how to launder Keith’s new shirt—it says not to use fabric softener. Do I wash and dry it alone? Do I not use fabric softener on an entire load just to appease this one shirt? That seems like an awfully big sacrifice. Seriously, aside from the worry that comes from losing an entire income, this is my big challenge.
While it would be ideal for me to be working somewhere right now, I’m not going to stress myself or this baby in my belly. We’re just going with the flow. Like Keith said, “You might as well enjoy yourself because this will probably be the only time for the rest of your life when you don’t have to work.”
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sorry you haven't found anything yet. Hopefully soon!
Do you normally use fabric softener on every load? http://www.professorshouse.com/your-home/cleaning/fabric-softner-clothing.aspx
I love household management too! I'm certain I would be a fantastic housewife.
Hey! I know you mentioned event planning as an interest, but if you're open to kinda rolling with your natural writing talent there are some great sites out there.. www.Examiner.com, www.DemandStudios.com and www.eLance.com are just a few that I've started checking out recently.
Post a Comment