The little cup is an amazing portal.
I can get anything, anything at all into the Little Lady’s stomach by way of the little cup. It began with the usual suspects—Cheerios and Goldfish. As if they’re not exciting enough on their own, offer them in a little cup, and the excitement is almost too much to contain. It’s as though you’ve just promised her that Elmo will be at the park to push her on the swings for 3 hours straight.
Once she realized the power she had with a little cup full of her very own snacks in hand, she wanted all of her snacks in a little cup.
Cheese? “I need cheese in a little cup!”
Grapes? “I need geeps in a little cup!”
Raisins, pretzels, crackers—whatever it was, it was to be served in a little cup.
I have finally caught on myself. After 1 ½ bites of her morning waffle and her declaration that she is all done with breakfast, I simply offer it in a little cup instead. Cut it up, put it in the cup and voila! She will finish every last bite. I’m going to start putting everything from grilled chicken to brussels sprouts in little cups. It’s going to look like she’s eating out of a container garden.
Now that I have solved the problems of finicky toddlers everywhere, I need to market my little cup solution before somebody else cashes in on small Tupperware bowls.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
LOL. Patrick is 8, and we still serve things in little cups. His favorite is Honey Nut Cheerios while watching TV. Maybe you should look into marketing slightly-bigger-little cups for slightly-bigger-little hands. They could be called Growing-Up-Little Cups. Or maybe Little Cups XL. I'll totally buy stock when you go public!!!! Now, I'm off to get some breakfast...in a little cup, of course!
genius!
we have little spider-man bowls with sections. i can serve anything in those bowls!
Post a Comment