I find that I have an easier time preparing dinner during the week if I have a menu ready. It cuts out the whole "What do you want for dinner?/I don't know; what do you want for dinner?" conversation. With the menu ready, I don't forget to defrost the meat. I know what we're going to have and when we're going to have it. And if Keith eats tacos for lunch when I'm fixing tacos for dinner...well, he should've checked the menu.
Here is my menu for this week:
Sunday - roasted chicken (which we will also eat for lunch all week), green beans (the first time I will ever make real green beans) and macaroni & cheese
Monday - Pork & Apple Pan Fry served over mashed potatoes and a vegetable
Tuesday - Eggplant marinara served over spiral pasta. Vegetables are optional for adults on pasta night, but the little lady will get one. She also gets to eat her pasta naked.
Wednesday - Leftover chicken, sweet potatoes and a vegetable
Thursday - Burritos (Kristy's recipe)
The weekend is left up in the air at this point. The options include chicken pot pies, turkey meatloaf, and chicken breasts; but I do not want to commit to anything right now. I save all of my free-spiritedness for the weekends. I'm just breezy like that!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Already I am switching Sunday and Monday because I waited too late to start the chicken in time to eat it tonight. Good thing I'm so breezy!
I plan my menus for the week every Sunday and then go shop for everything so that I only go to the grocery once. I don't plan anything for Saturdays so that Chip has to take me out.
Post a Comment