Thursday, April 7, 2011

The One Where I Rehash, Reuse & Recycle

I realize that I keep taking extended hiatuses from blogging, but it happens. I have no excuses to offer you.

Now that the Little Guy is 13 months old and eating what we eat, I'm reminded of just how gross mealtimes can be at this stage. No plates, no utensils, avocado and sweet potatoes in the hair. Food and drink flung all over the place. The high chair--the nastiest place on the planet--a wasteland for discarded food.

Memories of the Little Lady come flooding back, and I'm reminded of this post (see below). When I wrote it, she was just shy of being 2 years old, much older than the Little Guy is now. So it offers me no hope that his table manners will improve anytime in the near future, if at all...

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The One where I join the Little Lady.

You know that old saying, "You can't beat your kids, so join them"? I decided to join the little lady tonight in her usual dinnertime antics.

Before dinner was ready, I cried off and on for one straight hour while eating raisins and chugging chocolate milk. I would stop periodically to stand 3 inches in front of the tv screen.

Dinner was delicious--meatloaf, macaroni and cheese and broccoli. I took a few bites with my fork before I decided that utensils were for suckers and flung it across the room. I was happy as a clam eating fistful after fistful of macaroni and cheese. I only ate the broccoli when Keith got in my face and served it to me piece by piece.

I thought I'd had enough, but I wasn't quite sure yet. So, I lifted my shirt and rubbed macaroni all over my belly. Yep! I was done. So I tossed my plate on the floor with one swift carefree motion, downed the rest of my chocolate milk and yelled "All done!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I'm sorry to leave this comment on your blog but I couldn't find an email for you! Are you interested in being on a media list for Orpheum events? We'd like to invite you to events that you might want to write about on your blog. Email me at khyman@brainwoo.com if you are!
thanks!
Kalisa Hyman
Thompson