So on Tuesday night when I had a sore throat and the chills, I attributed it to the fact that I had been outside exercising and then come inside to the cool air conditioning. And I'm always cold so having the chills isn't unusual; I just cranked the air up to 78. Good thing I did that because I needed to blame the fact that I woke up drenched in sweat to my hot house, not a fever breaking.
Then I had 2 days of nothing. Forty-eight hours of convincing myself that a brisk afternoon walk after a year of little to no exercise will give you a sore throat and make you chilly.
On Friday morning it hurt to walk--the bottom of my feet hurt. Wow! All of the walking I'd been doing had made my feet hurt! I couldn't possibly be breaking out on my feet due to Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. No, no, no. It had to be my tennis shoes. Never mind the fact that it had been exactly 3 days after that sore throat.
Finally, I accepted the fact that I did have it. I had Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease but luckily, it wasn't such a bad case. I don't want to get it again so you better believe that I will not be doing any more walking!

1 comment:
Chip and I had that one year at Thanksgiving- it was horrible! He had a bunch of sores in his mouth and couldn't enjoy the turkey.
Post a Comment